Rabu, 11 Juni 2014

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model (Personal Computers) Best Android


The review about this product

Ok, the title of my review might be a little extreme but I stick by it. Anyone considering a Nook or Kindle should give this tablet a long, hard look. For an entry level, low cost tablet it has a lot of features the purpose built readers leave out. Not the least of which is this tablet is not tied to Barnes & Noble or Amazon. With this tablet you can get content from anywhere you want. Also, the Samsung has a GPS, front and rear cameras and a memory card slot. I believe the Nook has a memory slot too but the Kindle does not. The Samsung also has an IR blaster for controlling your home theater.

My only other Android device is my nearly 2 year old Motorola Droid X phone and this tablet makes my phone feel very inadequate in almost every way. The tablets screen is bright, crisp and clear and it is very responsive with little to no lag. I believe that this screen has a higher pixel density than many of the 10" tablets as it is nearly the same resolution as the larger tablets in a smaller screen. I was holding out for a high res 10" tablet but decided to jump on this one because I was tired of waiting. I am not disappointed. It will be interesting to see if I end up preferring the 7" tablet after I use it a while. It is very light, small and portable and the screen real estate is really quite usable.

Universal Remote:
I just got my tablet last night and setup my home theater easily. I am disappointed with the interface of the supplied remote app though and will look around for a better version. But at least the tablet provides the ability to do it. To be fair though, I did not spend a lot of time with it so it may be better than I think.

Kindle Reader:
The Kindle reader app is very nice as the text is sharp and it turns pages very quickly. I think anyone coming from an e-ink based reader will enjoy using this tablet as a reader as well. My wife has the e-ink Kindle and has often wanted a back lit reader instead of using a book light. This screen will not be as readable outdoors though but I think most of my and my wife's reading is indoors so there is always a trade off.

Streaming Music:
I have not tried other media yet other than Pandora radio. You do get a little hiccup in the audio if you are surfing data intensive apps like Google Maps while you are streaming music. This may be the result of my pitiful DSL connection at home though. Will have to try it on a faster broadband connection sometime to see.

Maps:
Google Maps looks great on this device. Fortunately this tablet has a GPS chip so location based services/mapping are possible. It is a great size for mapping and once I get a 4G phone with WiFi ability, I will try it out as a navigation device. Hopefully Samsung will come out with a car dock for this tablet. Google Streetview is very nice on this tablet as well.

Gmail:
The Gmail app is extremely nice on this tablet. Even in portrait mode you get the folder list down the left side and your email in the currently selected folder displayed on the right. On my phone, you only get one folder at a time.

Google Reader:
I use Google Reader as my RSS app and it is very fast on the tablet compared to my phone. I go cross-eyed staring at my phone for very long but I can tell from my limited use of the reader on the tablet that the tablet will be great. The reader is really one of my most used apps and a big reason I wanted a tablet.

Facebook:
What can I say, Facebook is much nicer on a tablet than on the phone.

Real Estate Apps:
I am currently in the market to buy a house so I have the Realtor.com and Zillow apps. Both are much nicer on the tablet than on the phone. The photos on the Realtor app are much larger than what Zillow provides though which is odd. Photos on the phone are ok, but are hard to tell much about. With the tablet, the photos are much more usable.

I may come back and add more to this review as I use the tablet more but in my 1 evening with it so far I can tell that I am going to love this tablet.

**Update 5/9/2012**
I got a chance to play with the tablet some more and have a few more observations to add.

YouTube:
YouTube looks great on this tablet. It will seamlessly flip from portrait to landscape without stopping the video. I personally think the YouTube app has a much better UI than the internet webpage.

Speakers:
The speakers are on the bottom of the tablet when the tablet is in portrait position. You have to watch that you don't rest it on your lap when listening to something using the speakers. If you turn it to landscape position, you have to watch that you don't cover the lower speaker with your hand. I found that if you hold the tablet with your fingers and cup the corner with the speaker it actually helps project the sound to you. I don't know where else they could put speakers as almost anywhere they are you will have to watch you don't cover them when you hold them so I won't complain about it.

Games:
What can I say, Angry Birds is awesome on a tablet. Words With Friends is nice as well. I haven't tried other games yet but expect them to look much better than they do on a phone.

7" vs. 10" tablet:
I don't know what to think about the size yet. I was trying to hold out for a high res 10" tablet that Samsung is rumored to be working on but got tired of waiting. I am really enjoying the light, small form factor of this 7" tablet though. So now I am not sure if I will want a 10" tablet or not. My brother has an iPad and that thing is a brick compared to this tablet.

WiFi:
I am a little worried about the people complaining about WiFi issues. So far mine has been working fine. It is indicating the same signal strength that my phone and laptop show. Maybe the problem is hit and miss but I hope if there is a real problem it is something a software/firmware update can resolve. But so far I have no complaints.

Battery Life:
I charged the tablet overnight and took it off the charger in the morning. I didn't use the tablet until I got home about 11 hours later. It was at 98% charge so it only drained 2% in 11 hours of no use. I used it for nearly 3 hours and it dropped to 66%. So 3 hours was about 1/3 of the battery life. That should translate to about 9 hours of battery life. I could turn the GPS off since it isn't needed most of the time, I also saw a tip about having it turn the WiFi off when in sleep mode and I have manually set the screen brightness to around 25% which is plenty bright indoors. Overall, I think it is going to have pretty decent battery life. I should get about 3 good evenings or a full day on a charge.

**Update 5/21/2012**
I have lived with the tablet for a couple weeks now and have a few more observations.

Screen Sharpness:
I got to compare it with my brother's iPad 2 this weekend and the screen on the Samsung is much, much sharper than the iPad. In fact, my dad's Nook was much sharper than the iPad with the Samsung being sharper than the Nook. The difference was amazing.

Browser Speed:
I was completely happy with the browsing speed of the Samsung until I compared it to the iPad. The iPad was much, much faster. Not sure why, but it is very noticeable. I installed the beta version of Google Chrome and it appears to be better than the built in browser but still not as fast as the iPad. But like I said, I was happy until I found out there was better.

Connection Issues:
I have observed the connection problem some people are reporting. If you hold the bottom left corner, the reception does drop down. As soon as you left off, it goes up 1 bar. But I also found out that my router was not operating at full strength. I had the old standby Linksys WRT54G but recently upgraded to an ASUS RT16N. As soon as I did, I noticed my cell phone and laptop were not showing nearly as strong reception as before. I am running Tomato on the router and discovered that you can turn up the signal strength. By default, Tomato is dialed back. My nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away so I dialed up to full strength. That upped my reception by 1 bar when covered and uncovered. So now I have better signal strength, even when I cover the antenna. I am not worried as I don't lose connection and it is showing a similar signal strength as my phone and laptop.

Overall, I love this tablet.

Take It Now ! Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model (Personal Computers)

Share:

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

Labels

‘Best [REPORT] [Unboxing] @Dealdirect $200 $650 01 1 1.299.000 1.2GHz 1.352 1.7GHz 1024 1080p 12 128GB 12th 13MP 14 16GB 16MP 17 1GB/ROM 1jutaan 2:15:00 2.2GHz 2.5D 2013 2015 2015quot; 2016 26000 280859 29 2GB/16GB 2GHz 32GB 32GB/2GB 32GB/5.7 4.4.3 4.5inch 4.85 4.85mm 4/14/2016 4/9/2017 4g 4G/LTE 4GLTE 5.0quot; 5.15 5.3inch 5.5quot; 5.739;FHD 5.7quot; 5/13/2018 5inch 5quot; 6:34 6/14/2016 615 64bit 64Bit 64GB 7quot; 85mm 9:54:00 990 999 999.000 A500 A5000 A5000_GLD A500F A500F1 A500FD A500FDS A5100 A5100Galaxy A510F A510FZD A52016 A7000 A800 A8000 A800F A800FD A800YZ about Accessories adalah Admire adopsi Advices Advisor Africa Agustus akan Akıllı alias=39;Samsung AliExpress Amazon.com: amp; anda Android Android5.1 Androidem Androidheadlines.com AndroidOS AndroidOS.in andromax Andromax AndroMax ANDROMAX Andromax4GAndromaxEc.jpg Andromax4GAndromaxEs.jpg announced announces Anti Apakah April Arabia Arrived Asus ATamp;T August available Available Avant bagi baik Bandwidth Bangdotcoms Bangladesh Baru básica Batam battery Bawah been Begawei.com Benita Berbagi Berfitur Berikut Berilmu.net Berkualitas Beserta best Best besutan Better bien Bildergalerie bisa black Black BLACK Black39; Blaze Blogtainment blue bluetooth Boost Branco Brand brosur bukan Butik c39;est C3Si called camera Camera Cancel Cara características caratteristiche card CareAce carries Case cash! catalog Cdma CDMA Cell Cellucity cellular Central chassis Cheap Chip CHIP Cicha closer colors comes coming Comments communication Compare comparison Comparison Comparison. concept Condition Confirmed Congress Conquer™4G contender contenuto Contract Core cost could counts couple Cover Cuma Cyanogen CyanogenMod d39;épaisseur Daftar đãi: dalam dans dari Dari Đặt Datang Date days để Deals debuts declining delgado dengan Dengan đẹp Desbloqueado design details Details detaliu Detaylı dibawah Điện different Digital DionWired DirectD diseño disiang display Display disponibile Dolby dovrebbe Downgraded download Download Droid DSC09394 Dual DualSIM Duel Dukomsel dünnste Dünnstes Duos E279417 e860 E860 ecran edge Edge EDGE edge: Edition elevate encore Enhanced enough Enterprise entrylevel Epic Es ES/EC essere Europe Everything evoluciona Exhibit EXPANSYS expected Export Express Factory famille FDDLTE Featured features Features field firm First Fiyatı Flash Flip fot. foto frames FrAndroid Free FREE/ FREE/UNLOCKED from froyo full Full für G36C1G G36C1H G386T1 G900 Gadget Gadgets360.com galaxy Galaxy GALAXY gallery gama Gambar Geek.com gembira general generation gestartet gets Getting giá Gift GIGA Gilded GIZTIMES Glare glass global Goes Gold GOLD Good Gores Great Gumtree Gunakan Hadir Hadirkan Handphone HandsOnVideo HANDY Hanya hard harga Harga HargaSmartfrenAndromax4GLTEQ hari hasil Hasil Helio henpon Himax hisense Hisense Hitam hnczcyw.com Home Hongmi http Humster3D hữu i717 I9305 iaitu idéntico image: images İnceleme inch incorporates india India Indian INDOBERITA.com Indonesia Info Infographics Infographics– Infuse Inilah internazionale Introduced iPhone It’s Italia ITALIA Jagat Jalin Januari jeftini jepret Joins Jual juga Juga Juli JULI July just Just Juta Jutaan Kabar Kamera KAMERA kami Kartu Kategori kebetulan Kekurangan kekuranganya kelebihan Kelebihan Kelemahan Kelonthong kembali Kembar Kerjasama Kesimpulan keyboard kini kita KitKat kleuren know Koneksi kuncinya Lands lanka late launch Launch launched Launched launches Lebih Lengkap Lenovo Life listed lite Lite Lite: Lokal Lollipop look look: lớp LTE LTE! LTE/Dual lui Luncurkan made Malaysia Manufacturer marcslabs: Mari market. más maupun Measures Meet melakukan Membengkok membre Memori memperkenalkan menawarkan Menjajal mereka Meriah metal Metal metallic Metro MetroCebu MetroPCS Mi4C Mi4i MI4I Mi4iBK_EU Midnight midrange Milik mini Mini Mint Mirror Miui MIUI mơ. mobile Mobile Mobiles model monde mỏng most môžete MSM8916 mundo murah Murah N9005 N986 NDTV need Nero Newest News NEWSamsungGalaxyA8DualSIM32GB57Inch4GLTEFactoryUnlocked NEWSamsungGalaxyA8DualSimA80032GB32GB16MP4GLTEUnlocked Next Nexus nhận nhiêu nhôm như NiceHP Nigeria NonSmartfren Note NOTE Note2 Notebook: NotebookCheck.net noticeable nouveau novi objednať Octa offer offers official Official Official: officially Officially offiziell oficial oketekno Online only open operating oppo Oppo OPPO oppo_r5_oppo_r5_gilded oppor5 OppoR5 OPPOR5GILDED oppor7lite Optus Orig. original Original OSpowered outed? outside packet packs Pakistan Paling pametni penampakan penggemar Perak Perbandingan perbedaan Perbedaan pertama Pesaing phẩm Phone PHONE phone: PhoneDroid.fr Phones phoneThe photos picture pictures Pinterest Pixel Pixmania Plans plus Plus Plus:Spesifikasi Polymer Ponsel portal possible Post pouces prebookings precio premiera Prepaid prétendant Preto prezzo price priced Prices Pricewatch pricing PrimeTel Problems processor product Product producten produksi produsen Protector Published pureshot Q Qi Quad Quadcore Qualcomm quietly quot;FHD/4G QWERTY R7kf Randburg rẻ reach Ready Rear rectangle Redmi RedMi REDMI Redmi2 REDMI2 Referensi Region release Release released Releases renovado ReplaceYourCell.com reply Resmi Review review: REVIEW] Ribu Ribuan right Rilis Riliskan rollout Root Rp799 Rugby Rumors Rundown runs S$279 sale sales same samsung Samsung SAMSUNG Samsung’s Samsung39;s SamsungGalaxyA8A8000Duos4GLTE32GBSmartphoneMobileCDMA3G SamsungGalaxyA8Unlocked4GLTE32GB57in16MPA800YZDualSimGold Sản Saudi Sayangnya Screen segera SeIndonesia Sejutaan Selamat Selfie Semua Seniors seperti seputaranGADGET: seri Serie Series serta SGHT959V Shop Shopping Shot Shots Should Sidekick SideKick siêu Silver simak similar Simple Single Sinyal Situs sklep SKU: Skyrocket SlashGear Slimmest slots SM996ELBO1BTANID1873765 SMA500F SMA500FD SMA5100 SMA510F SMA700FD SMA8000 SMA800F SMA800YZ small Smart SMART smartfren Smartfren SmartFren SMARTFREN Smartfren4GLTEAdvance17 smartphone Smartphone SMARTPHONE smartphones Smartphones SMG920I Snapdragon Snapdragon410 SNAPDRAGON410 Snapdragon615 Snapdragonem sở SoC Softpedia sogi.com.tw soon Sounds South space Speaker Specific specifications Specifications specs Specs spesifikasi Spesifikasi SPHD720 Spring Sprint Square Stellar Stock Store. stores Stratosphere Stuff Style Stylus subir Sulekha Support T679 Tablets tampilkan Tawarkan TDDLTE Tech Techgleam Technieuws Technogrezz.com technology Technology TechOrz TechRadar TeknoFlas.com Tela Telecom TelecomPK telefon Telefonlar teraz Terbaik terbaru Terbaru terbarunya Terjangkau Terlengkap Termurah terupdate that Theda39;s thegioididong.com Them TheMrGadget.gr thetechmonger thick Thick Thicknes thinnest this thoại Thời time tipe Tipis titre TMobile Toko Tokopedia Touch trang Transparent Trends Tribun Trinkets trước tuexperto.com Tutto ufficiale ufficiale: Ultra unblacklist unboxing UniBody unique Unlock Unlocked UNLOCKED untuk Untuk unveiled unveils Update upgrade? Used Úvod ValueWalk variant Variant Verizon version versione Victory video Video: videos Views ViralPH.com Virgin vỏ Volt VoLTE Vorbestellung vorgestellt VRZone Wallpapers want Warranty Watch Watches website Welt weltweit what’s where which while white White WHITE wifi Wifi will Winarco Wireless Wireless: with World World’ world’s World39;s Writings www.unbox.ph xiaomi Xiaomi XiaoMi XIAOMI XIAOMI55LTE4GOCTACORESMARTPHONEANDROIDDUALSIM16GBHANDYOHNE Xiaomimi4i xiaomimi4i28 xiaomimi4ihk15991 xiaomimi4iofficial XiaomiRedmi24GSmartphoneAndroidQualcommSnapdragon410MSM8916 yaitu yang Year yesterday YouTube Zanda ZE550ML Zenfone Zoll Zone zygcrypth для комплект купить на обзор представила смартфон Характеристики цена صور هاتف และรหัสเครื่อง 囧科技 多圖高清] 實機官方試玩 小米手機 採用 時尚 機身

Blog Archive